What are professional proofing marks?
Using standard editors’ marks to amend proofs means less possibility of confusion and mistakes. This list shows the standard marks which go within the text and in the margin. Please use a different coloured pen to mark up hard copy proofs – it’s much easier to see!
Many people mark up corrections on PDFs, using the comments tool.
MORE ON PRINT
- What’s the difference between a vector file and a bitmap?
- Can you give me measurements for US and UK paper and envelope sizes?
- What’s wrong with printing pictures from the web – they look OK on screen?
- Why are some leaflets VAT standard rated and some zero rated?
- What do you mean – not all pdfs are the same?
- What are my options for printed proofs?
- What’s the difference between jpg, eps and tif files?